THE MINISTRY OF STEAMPUNK
TERMS & CONDITIONS
This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that the MoS collects, and the ways in which the MoS uses that personal information.
Personal information collection
The MoS may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
information about your use of this website
information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website (including your email address) and
any other information that you send to the MoS via a form on this website or via email.
Using personal information
the MoS may use your personal information to:
administer this website;
personalise the website for you;
enable your access to and use of the website services;
send you marketing communications.
Where the MoS discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, the MoS may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
The MoS will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
The MoS will store all the personal information you provide on secure servers.
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the Internet and may be available around the world.
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information.
Updating this statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This website contains links to other websites. The MoS is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact the Ministry of Steampunk
Credit: This document was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.freenetlaw.com.
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, the MoS and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages or other content from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without the MoS’s express written consent.
You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without the MoS’s express written consent.
Access to certain areas of this website is restricted. The MoS reserves the right to restrict access to other areas of this website, or indeed this entire website, at the MoS’s discretion.
If the MoS provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
The MoS may disable your user ID and password in MoS’s sole discretion without notice or explanation.
In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to the MoS a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to the MoS the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or the MoS or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
The MoS reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on MoS’s servers, or hosted or published upon this website.
Notwithstanding the MoS’s rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, the MoS does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. The MoS makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, the MoS does not warrant that:
this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
Limitations of liability
The MoS will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if the MoS has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit the MoS’s liability in respect of any:
death or personal injury caused by the MoS’s negligence;
fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of the MoS; or
matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for the MoS to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, the MoS has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against the MoS’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect the MoS’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as the MoS.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
You hereby indemnify the MoS and undertake to keep the MoS indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by the MoS to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of the MoS’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by the MoS arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to the MoS’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, the MoS may take such action as the MoS deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
The MoS may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
The MoS may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with the MoS’s rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the MoS in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Law and jurisdiction
You agree that the terms and conditions of your use of our Website shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law and you agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or matter arising in connection with these terms and conditions and conditions and your use of this Website.
Ticketing Terms & Conditions
“The Organisers” refers to the team responsible for the Weekend at the Asylum steampunk festival, The Ministry Summer Ball and Haven including the MoS, Chronoclasm Ltd, partner venues, staff and volunteers.
1. The right of admission is reserved and may be revoked at any time subject to the terms and conditions below.
2. Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned after purchase.
3. Availability of tickets is not guaranteed. A limited number of each ticket type have been issued. Licensed capacity is finite.
4. Organisers reserve the right to alter, or in the event of adverse circumstances, to curtail or cancel any performance or feature. Ordinarily there will be no refunds. In the case of cancellation the tickets will be transferred to the next event.
5. Organisers reserve the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, and to vary the advertised programme if necessary.
6. Strictly no animals other than registered assistance dogs in ticketed areas and venues. Please be prepared to show your dog’s accreditation documents.
7. No knives, steel swords or other offensive weapons are permitted. No projectiles other than nerf darts are permitted without prior arrangement. All weapon styled props and accessories must adhere to the law and be carried safely in all ticketed areas. We advise that such props are kept in closed boxes or bags when in public areas.
8. All clothes, costumes and outfits should be “family friendly” and inoffensive.
9. The festival operates and adheres to the “Challenge 25” policy.
10. Under 5’s will be admitted free of charge to day features when accompanied by a wristband holding adult. Tickets to features are sold with age restrictions stated in advance. Those attending events under the specified age will be refused entry and tickets forfeited.
11. The organisers reserve the right to remove any person from the event if they feel their behaviour is anti social or impacting upon the enjoyment of the event by other participants.
12. Flyposting, leafleting and the sale of any items or products without prior approval is prohibited.
13. Tamper-proof fabric or textile wristbands will be applied to ticket holders on arrival at the event. Wristbands will be applied directly to the person to whom the ticket relates. Wristbands cannot be collected by another person. Removed or lost wristbands may not be replaced.
14. The organisers will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal belongings or any incidental injury howsoever caused.
15. Tickets guarantee access to outdoor festival areas only (subject to the terms above). Access to other venues is on a first come first served basis due to capacity. So, if you want to see someone in particular or feature get there early.
16. Except where noted, photography for personal use is allowed (in fact it is encouraged – share it with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). Tripods and external lights may not be used without agreement. The use of flash may be restricted also. Please note that all photography in event venues must be with the consent of ALL individuals involved. Commercial photography or filming is strictly prohibited throughout the events, however, with consent of the individuals and with free access to images, professional and amateur photographers are encouraged to be part of the Steampunk community and snap splendidly.
17. Note this applies as an exception to point 16 as well as in general. By entering the ticket areas you give your consent to being photographed or filmed as a member of the festival audience by event staff or selected pre-approved organisations, This may be used for promotional activity, publication or broadcast.
18. In the event of cancellation by the organisers the Festival will not be liable for travel, accommodation or any out of pocket expenses.
19. Terms and conditions are prepared with your safety in mind. Thank you in advance for helping to make The Asylum steampunk festival a safe, fun and magical event.”
You can contact the MoS by email to email@example.com.
Credit: This document was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.freenetlaw.com.